Friday, September 16, 2011

Plastic bag fall mini album

Hello and welcome back to my little corner. If you came from http://www.kristaspapercafe.com/ then you are in the right place. If you want to start a the beginning of the hop then you would go to http://scrappyscavenger.wordpress.com/  .So you are here for Tanya Scrappy Scavenger upcycle blog hop. I am pleased to be part of this wonderful group of talented ladies in this hop. For this hop, we are suppose to create a project that uses something you would recycle, or throw away, and make it a beautiful project. I took a plastic grocery bag and created and album from it. Her is how I did it.....







Start with a flat plastic bag, then you fold the plastic bag to make it flat and create a square shape. Once the plastic bag is folded, then you would get your iron out. Set your iron on a hot setting(cotton is what I used) then placing a piece of paper over the folded up plastic bag you would iron it. Don't over iron it because the plastic bag could stick to the paper.

When the plastic bags are melted together in a square shape they are just stable as chipboard. After you make five or six flat bags, then you can cover them with cardstock or themed paper.


In Creating my album I decided to go with a fall theme. Here is the album I came up with...









I hope that this project gets you think outside of the box. You go and find something that you might have thrown away and create a beautiful project from it. I think that is why I was excited about finding this idea. I took a use less plastic bag and created a beautiful fall album from it. Thanks for joining me. Now you would move onto the next blog http://www.lovetocrop.com/ .See you again when I come up with something new in my corner.


17 comments:

  1. love it Jen, another knock out in the little corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is an amazing idea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer! That is amazing! I have not heard about this technique. Your album is beautiful! You chose wonderful papers, colors and embellies.
    (Glad to see you got your blog post to work.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzers, what an awesome idea. I can't wait to try this. Your album is wonderful.
    It's been great hopping with you.
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I have soooooooo many of those bags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is vry cool! GREAT IDEA TO REUSE!! Thanks for sharing Kristi www.kristiscreativecafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very innovative !
    hugs
    mallika
    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hearing about the many ways to use these bags! Thank you for sharing on my hop! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! I would have to buy an iron though!

    Janice
    www.cricutconfessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have definitely inspired me! That is a fantastic use of plastic bags. Thank you for sharing and making it look so easy :) I'm following you now, too.
    decorablesart.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have NEVER seen this b4!! How super cool!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unbelievable!!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I am really impressed with the finished product! I love Halloween and Fall, and NEVER would guess you used grocery bags for that! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of this technique! I've GOT to try it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to make one.. it's looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. I JUST LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!!!!!!! I have got to try this!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete