Thursday, December 23, 2010

Little Angels, and roses


Thanks for coming back to visit me. I have been very busy taking care of my two boys and creating these cute little ornanments. These are made using silk flowers for the bodies. I used Peacykeen Stamps, Snow Cuties to stamp on the face. The faces are wooden balls and you can stamp on wood if you used Staz On ink. The only issue I had was trying not to smear the ink. That was a little challenging as you can see some of the faces were a little smeared. The hair is yarn that I wraped on a knitting needle and put in the oven on low for ten minutes. You wait for the yarn to cool before taking off. My favorite part of these are the wings. I used the leaves of the flowers for the wings. I take elmers glue and put it on the wings and add fine glitter to it. Shake off the excess and you have a glittery wings. I find when making these that the full flowers work best.



Here is the other creative project I have been working on. I have been interested in creating my own flowers. I like Primas but I really wanted to be able to not have to always go out and buy them, also sometime they do not have the color I want. I have been busy watching some Youtube videos and used the materials I have and came up with these. I am happy with how they turned out. I used chalk, homemade glimmer mist, perfect pearls, paint, different types of cardstock, water, brads, stickles,  cricut cartidges, and of corse hot glue. Hot glue makes them stiff, so they last longer. My other love is Glimmer mist. I so love this stuff. I seem to be spraying everything with it. My local Micheals does not sell it, so I decided to made my own. If you want here is the recipe for it:

Glimmer Mist
small spray bottle with warm water
modpog
paint
pearl ex or perfect pearl

dip end of brush into mogpog and put into warm water then stir. I did this twice, then put a couple drops of paint of your choice and stir that too. Then add a small amount of pearl ex or perfect pearl. then swish it around. I used perfect pearl and that work out great. I just made white and it turned out perfect. Have fun


Thanks again for coming to my little corner and seeing my creativity at its best. I hope to be posting soon  a mini Album I did. See you guys soon and I hope you all have a safe and happy Hoiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment